SIMPLE STEPS TO PUBLIC SPEAKING CONFIDENCE
PRESENTED BY PETER DHU
"All the great speakers were bad speakers once.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Public speaking is often regarded as the No. 1 fear of people around the world and many people say they would rather die than have to stand up and speak. People avoid public speaking, they get nervous, they panic, they get stage fright and they break out into a cold sweat. Yet public speaking is such an important skill. It is part of our work, our careers and everyday life.
This workshop is designed to help people who don’t normally do public speaking or who have a fear of public speaking or who wish to become more confident in their public speaking. The skills learned in this workshop will help you to step up and assist you in many speaking situations including but not limited to anyone who:
- has recently taken on increased speaking responsibility at work
- needs to prepare a speech for a wedding or other special occasion
- needs to present a tutorial or seminar for work or university
- wants to learn to speak more confidently at job interviews
- wants to control the nerves and reduce the fear
- wants to learn to be a better speaker
- has something to say but holds back
This workshop will teach you how to:
control nerves and reduce anxiety
use a simple fail safe structure
what to do if your mind goes blank
connect with the audience even with your nerves
be authentic and genuine
understand what the audience expects from you
harness your nervous energy
At the end of this workshop you will have a greater understanding of nerves and be able to control them and put together a confident and effective presentation.
**This workshop can be delivered as an in-house corporate workshop. It will be customised to meet your organisational training needs and the key learning outcomes are set to match your requirements.