PRESENTED BY PETER DHU
"In business you can never learn anything more important than communication”. – Max Markson
Does your job require you to present at conferences, lead meetings, run seminars, facilitate groups and speak in other public situations? Do you have to speak up at meetings, lead safety meetings, do pre-starts and run toolbox meetings? Do you have to respond to questions off the cuff?
The effective public speaking skills workshop is designed to take your public speaking and presentation skills to the next level so that you can confidently and effectively deliver your message. You will also learn what you should do to control nerves, build rapport, engage and influence your audience.
This workshop will teach you how to:
- Deal with nerves and control anxiety
- Nerves and anxiety can be one of the biggest barriers to delivering effective presentation
- Create rapport and connect with the audience
- First connect with your audience before you begin to train, educate or inform them
- Devise and structure a powerful and effective speech
- Learn to speak without notes and speak off the cuff
- Master the platform
- Stop hiding behind the podium and use the stage effectively
- Respond to question
- Make full use of your voice
- Your voice is the instrument that conveys your message
- Move your body and use gestures properly
- Gestures and body language deliver over 50% of your message
- Present with passion and improved confidence
- Emotion, passion, authenticity and sincerity are crucial in getting your message across
- Structure a memorable message
- Learn what will make your message memorable and “stick” in your audiences mind
- Effectively use PowerPoint
- Don’t commit death by PowerPoint or shoot your audience with “bullet” points
The Effective Public Speaking Skills Workshop will prepare you to present confidently and effectively, ensuring that you have influence, maximum impact and that your message is heard.
**This workshop can be delivered as an in-house corporate workshop. It will be customised to meet your organisational training needs and the key learning outcomes are set to match your requirements.