PRESENTED BY PETER DHU
"Sometimes, if you want to change a person’s mind, you have to change the mind of the person next to them first.” ” – Megan Whalen Turner
Do you need to persuade key stakeholders? Do you need to create “buy-in” for organisational initiatives? Do you need to inspire staff to change? Do you need to build relationships and build trust with key stakeholders?
Now more than ever, your success in communicating information, ideas, and change, depends on your ability to influence and persuade others. Influencing isn’t a quick fix solution, and the art of influencing doesn’t come naturally to everyone, but if you take the time to develop and learn influencing skills, you will be a more effective communicator, leader and manager.
This workshop will teach you how to:
- Understand the difference between influence and manipulation
- Develop skills and strategies for influencing stakeholders
- Move beyond simply arguing a case, to a more value-driven approach
- Better handle resistance, push back and objections
- Structure influencing conversations in a way that is both concise and compelling
- Build confidence to initiate and manage influencing conversations
- Develop a strategy for building long-term relationships of influence
- Understand your preferred style of influencing
- Be aware of your nonverbal influence
- Manage those important first impressions
- Assess the needs of your audience or stakeholders
- Design memorable and influential messages
- Develop a strong professional presence
- Understand the impact of various communication styles
- Understand the relationship between credibility and influence
- Identify opportunities to strengthen relationships
- Understand the difference between features and benefits when influencing
**This workshop can be delivered as an in-house corporate workshop. It will be customised to meet your organisational training needs and the key learning outcomes are set to match your requirements.