How to Have Difficult Conversations Full-Day ONLINE Workshop Registration
$400.00 – $450.00 plus GST
DEALING WITH THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM
This workshop will give you the tools and the awareness to be more comfortable, effective and successful in your difficult conversations.
This workshop is delivered ONLINE.
Difficult conversations are a normal part of everyday life whether in your workplace or in your personal life. It might be saying no to an annual leave request at work; it could be dealing with inappropriate behaviour at work; it could be completing a performance plan; it could be ending a relationship; it could be giving negative feedback or it may be needing to apologise. Regardless of what the difficult conversation is about, most people prefer to walk away from it, delay it, do the work themselves or avoid the conversation completely.
This ONLINE workshop will give you the tools and the awareness to be more comfortable, effective and successful in your difficult conversations.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify what the problem is by untangling intent from impact
- Move away from blame game – I am right you are wrong
- Identify some of the assumptions that get in the way
- Maintain safety in the conversation for yourself and the other party
- Use empathy and listening when dealing with difficult conversations
- Be more aware of your nonverbal communication
- Identify the purpose of the conversation
- Put it all together in a successful conversation
- Develop your own difficult conversation template
- Knowledge of how to prepare for and plan for a difficult conversation
- Ability to communicate effectively during a difficult conversation
- Awareness of the importance of active listening skills
- Ability to ask the right questions
- Development of greater self-awareness and emotional management
- Strategies and tools to hold successful conversations
After this workshop you will no longer fear or avoid difficult conversations. You will be more confident and aware of your role in a difficult conversation and you will be better equipped with the tools needed to deal effectively with a wide range of difficult conversations.
**This workshop can be delivered as an in-house corporate workshop. It will be customised to meet your organisational training needs and the key learning outcomes are set to match your requirements.