Thinking and Speaking Off The Cuff Full-Day ONLINE Workshop Registration
$400.00 – $450.00 plus GST
HOW TO SPEAK WITHOUT NOTICE CONFIDENTLY
In this workshop, you will learn and practice techniques that will help you speak spontaneously with greater confidence and clarity, regardless of content and context.
This workshop is delivered ONLINE.
“The best way to sound like you know what you’re talking about is to know what you’re talking about” – Unkown
This ONLINE workshop is designed to help you think and speak on your feet in situations that may arise unexpectedly, or without notice. The ability to think and speak on your feet is a great asset to have in your professional, business and daily life. Speaking off the cuff is required for meetings, impromptu presentations, supervising staff, job interviews and when responding to questions from an audience. To successfully communicate your ideas in these situations you must be able to organise your thoughts quickly and present them in a clear and logical manner, which meets the audience’s needs.
The workshop will teach you how to:
- Respond to questions from the floor.
- Be eloquent, be effective, and be relevant.
- Buy time and organise your thoughts.
- Resist time pressure and think before you speak.
- Structure your response.
- Follow the simple mini speech structure.
- Master the platform.
- Stop hiding behind the podium and use the stage effectively.
- Call on fail-safe backup techniques.
- Simple models and simple tools allow you to respond confidently and effectively.
- Respond effectively at a job interview.
- What is the interview panel looking for and how can you best display this.
- Use the rule of “Three”.
- The tricolon is one of the most effective tools in public speaking.
- Get to the point.
- Less is often more, and keep it simple always wins.
- Leave them with a memorable message.
- End strong and end confidently.
Communicating off the cuff is critical to success in business, everyday life and your career. In this workshop, you will learn and practice techniques that will help you speak spontaneously with greater confidence and clarity, regardless of content and context.
**This workshop can be delivered as an in-house corporate workshop. It will be customised to meet your organisational training needs and the key learning outcomes are set to match your requirements.