Giving And Receiving Feedback Full-Day PERTH Workshop Registration
$400.00 – $425.00 plus GST
Friday 27 November 2020, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm WAST
THE SECRET TO A CULTURE OF EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE
“Feedback is the food of champions.” – Ken Blanchard
One of the most valuable interpersonal skills a person can have is the ability to deliver constructive and effective feedback. Feedback, performance reviews, disciplinary discussions and general evaluations are often some of the toughest of all conversations to have. Good leaders and managers are able to both give effective feedback and receive feedback on their own performance. They understand the importance of feedback in personal growth, professional development, improving employee engagement and in creating a great working environment.
Unfortunately, many people avoid giving feedback, or give feedback poorly or in a negative way. And when we receive feedback, we react, reject it or take offence and we don’t see it as a learning opportunity. Giving feedback is one of the toughest conversations you will ever have to have. In this workshop, you will learn how to give great feedback and deal with any disagreements with the feedback. You will learn a model to give proactive, timely, transparent and targeted feedback.
This workshop will assist you in reducing your need to performance manage because of effective and ongoing feedback. In this workshop you will learn:
- A simple model for understanding different types of feedback and when to use them
- How to prepare for a feedback conversation
- What does effective feedback look like
- What does ineffective feedback look like
- How to create an action plan for your next feedback discussion
- The importance of empathic listening
- How to receive feedback without being defensive
- How you should deal with valid feedback
- What you can do if you receive invalid feedback
- The importance of timing in feedback
Giving effective feedback and having a good understanding around giving and receiving feedback is crucial in creating a high performance team and high employee engagement within your team. Don’t leave feedback to chance.
**This workshop can be delivered as an in-house corporate workshop. It will be customised to meet your organisational training needs and the key learning outcomes are set to match your requirements.